"Uhuru is married to Margaret, I'm married to Rachel," DP Ruto snaps


Deputy President William Ruto has alleged that there is a plot to adulterate the Building Bridges Initiative (BBI).

The Deputy President who was speaking to NTV's Ken Mijungu said that the ongoing BBI rallies are dividing Kenyans and some of its proponents are using the initiative to discuss positions of power instead of discussing the real issues facing Kenyans. "People must stop arrogating themselves the prefect role. This is an open public discussion and anybody can join today, tomorrow or yesterday. The past rallies in Bukhungu and Kisii were all about Sugoi and William Ruto. There are people who drove a narrative that I would oppose the BBI. But they've not succeeded. They're looking for an opportunity to create political camps. These rallies are working against what the president said. We will not give them the opportunity to divide Kenyans," Ruto said.

Cornered on whether he would attend the BBI rally in Mombasa, Ruto said that he will consult Uhuru to discuss the nature of attendance for these meetings. "I've talked to Yusuf Haji and I've asked him to give me a chance to give my views once they begin their hearings. I want to go and present my ideas. The steering committee must begin structured hearings."

Asked about his dwindling bromance with the President, Ruto responded angrily to the journalist by asking him to concentrate on real issues. "Uhuru is married to Margaret, I'm married to Rachel. You should be asking about whether we are delivering services for Kenyans," Ruto said.

Comments