Do not cry for me, Kiunjuri tells his supporters

Pic courtesy

Former Cabinet Secretary for Agriculture Mwangi Kiunjuri who was sacked earlier today by President Uhuru Kenyatta has reacted to his sacking saying that he has done his best to fulfil the assignments he was given.

The former CS who seemed to turn to a motivation speaker during his press briefing, thanked the President for according him the opportunity to serve Kenyans. "I thank President Uhuru Kenyatta for the honor and privilege to have served in his government. I've gained immeasurable experience and exposure and I have had an insider's feel how the government works. I remain grateful," he said

Kiunjuri said that the sacking did not take him by surprise as he has gone through so much humiliation in the last one year. " I leave with my head high. I turn a new page. When a door closes another opens. I believe there is a door down the road. I urge my supporters not to cry for me," he added.

"I shall remain independent, principled and firm as I have been through my political career. I will continue to serve this country in other capacities. I'm going no where."

He wished the new CS for Agriculture Peter Munya the best in serving in the portfolio.

To his haters he had these ambiguous words," I'm not lacking.  For any action there will be a reaction. You keep it cool, I keep it cool."

Comments