Bahati MP hits back at President Uhuru Kenyatta


Just a day after an angry President Uhuru Kenyatta lashed out at Bahati Member of Parliament Kimani Ngunjiri over what he terms as insults against him, the legislator has responded.

The legislator has told the President not to gag him as he is also a leader and is free to express his opinions on any matter. " He came to hold a rally at the gate leading to my home where my wife,children and family members were. I was shocked at the words he was using. He called me Kîmùndù, the word he used to call his political rival Raila during the campaigns. He didn't mention the words I used when he said I abused him. I'm a leader like him only that we differ in opinions," said Ngunjiri.

The legislator questioned the President's intention of  visiting his constituency without there been an event. "I thought he was coming to talk about a road he promised to build during the campaigns. He had promised these people he would expand 3 dams in the constituency. He didn't address that instead he came to insult me led by Governor Lee Kinyanjui," he added.

The President was in Nakuru county to open the Sh 5.2 billion cement factory in Salgaa and tour the ongoing construction of a 65 kilometre road in Subukia Constituency built at a cost of Shs 2.2 billion.

Comments